Saturday, May 14, 2005

Random


Sometimes life seems like a run towards the horizon. You see it's there but you never reach it.

Sanity Starved's post quotes from John Lennon's song - Life is what happens to you, While you are busy making other plans. I don't know...life has always happened to me and i did not plan anything. Just let life happen to me. I haven't yet boarded my train of 365s...have just watched it chugging along. The only plan that i have is to have enough money when i'm old. I wouldn't want to depend on anyone.

Life is erratic. Can't bear anymore of it from people i interact with. Solid, reliable is a reassurance i wouldn't want to be without. And thank god (or whatever it is) for letting those pillars stay around me. Everything else can change. Everything else will change. Everything else is kaleidoscopic.

Two steps forward. Cautious. Wait-a-bit. Take two more steps. It has always worked for me. Things that have happened fast have always been a flash-in-the-pan. Expectations are also daunting. It's far better if you start at a normal pace and grow gradually, instead of euphoria followed by disinterest. Steady is good.

Arrogance is offensive. Quiet confidence is impressive.

A pair is good. A pair is beautiful. But solo is important. Important for survival. For what will you do when the pair no longer exists?