Monday, May 30, 2005

Blocked blog - worse than blocked nose!

I have been cut-off from the rest of the blogging world! I can't access anything with a '.blogspot.com' attached to it!! Now what did i do? These are just blogs, for god's sake, nothing illegal or indecent about these! Anyway, i was quite frustrated as i couldn't see anything all of yesterday. I can access blogger.com, even publish my posts...but can't see the published pages. Mine or anyone elses!

I figured i had to call the ISP guys. So after waiting all day for it to get fixed on its own, i attempted calling the ISP hotline. And it took me like what i thought 100 attempts to finally get through to a Customer Service officer. Mr.Leo. Nice guy, helpful. Except that it again took me what i thought 100 years of painfully spelling out 'http://aparnabanerjee.blogspot.com'! 'A for Apple', 'P for Portugal', 'A for Apple again'.....i almost blurted out 'S for Sex', but better sense prevailed and i said 'S for Site'! At times like these, i wish i had a simpler name!

Anyway, we (me and Leo) struggled through out spelling exercise and then i got onto explaining what the problem was. I can't access my blogpages, or anyone elses. I can access everything else! Mr. Leo finally understood what i was ranting about and very politely told me he will get in touch with the engineer who will get in touch with me either the same day or the following day.

But they were quite prompt, the engineer called me back after about half an hour. This time it was Mr. Dennis. So i explained to him, what the problem was and he very patiently explained to me that it wasn't from their side. He said that blogger.com website is on a different IP address and all the published pages are on a different one. Sometimes during maintenance, they block certain IP addresses (and it had to be this one!!!). So he said i should check back after one or two days, maybe i will be able to access my blog then. Basically not a problem from the ISP guys. So i am just hoping that Mr.Dennis is right and this is a temporary thing.

Went to the local cafe yesterday to access the blogs and have a look at mine, that's how addicted i have become. Hopefully i will get my eyes back sometime soon!

Till then all of you, have fun! :D