Sunday, October 24, 2004

Ma Baba

Today was Bijoya. Called up Ma-Baba to wish them. This time around i missed them more than ever. I try to put up an unemotional, non-sentimental version of myself everytime i hear some sentimental mush from them....try to tell them not to get so senti. Tell them its not imperative that their daughter has to stay near them so that they can meet her often enough.There are scores of people who live away from their families, different cities, different countries-continents!

But the fact is that i do miss them. And this time around when i called, they seemed to have grown so much older. Of course they are getting old like everyone else...but for some reason it hit me hard this time.


Ma informed that baba had taken part in a race for above 60s generation. She also took a dig on him saying he was reluctant to join the race and gave various excuses, because he didn't want to admit to the ladies around him that he was over 60!! I couldnt stop laughing..my dad hates any mention of him ageing, i don't think he will ever!

I can't stop thinking about the innumerable times i have taken them for granted. Taken for granted the time, affection, money they spent on me and my brother for us to be comfortable. I hope that i'm able to show the same selfless love to my kids when/if i have any.

I want to make them feel special for the rest of their days, even if i'm not phyisically near them, i'm going to make sure that i let them know how special they are.