Saturday, April 9, 2005

Musicology

Yeah...so I borrowed the title from Robbie Williams 'Escapology', or on a more politically correct note - I was inspired! I do read a lot of interviews given by our bollywood music directors you see. Besides I am a big Robbie Williams fan.

But let me not digress from the intent of this post...

Music to me is my life blood. Something that I need everyday. Every freaking day!! If I were to take away that part of me which thrives on music, I will be a dead soul. It's part of my very being and thankfully I am not averse to variety. Language has never been a detterent.

I used to sing. Used to. Past tense. A friend of mine who was/is a very good singer himself and played the guitar very well was my singing partner and we had some very good musical sessions together. But that is all in the past. A few days back, owing to one of those whimsical moments, I tried recording a song - in my voice. While I was recording, I thought wow this sounds good! That was perhaps because I had my headphones on with the audio of the music that I was singing, playing loud. Needless to say, it was a different story when I playbacked my recorded song. I couldn't bear listening to it! And I was sad, sad that I have managed to loose a gift I was born with. But perhaps I havent lost it all. Yet.

It's quite sad that music being so much a part of my life, I never had any formal training. I can't read musical notes neither can I play any musical instrument.I would like to change that though - hopefully soon enough.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the songs I'm currently digging (All thanks to Launch Cast Music!):

Top of the list is -

Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice

When I listened to this song, I thought now here is this person who can sing while he speaks. It's a beautiful song and beautifully picturised. The raging sea, the flowing curls, you can feel the attraction between the actors, the pull, the tension between them. The words and anguish in the voice touches your heart...it's just beautiful. (this song features in the movie - Closer)

Take a look at the video here -
http://www.warnerbrosrecords.com/damienrice/

Now the rest:

The Remedy (I wont worry) - Jason Mraz

Give a Little bit - GooGooDolls
Lonely no more - Rob Thomas
Dakota - Stereophonics
I dont want to be - Gavin DeGraw
Falls On Me - Fuel
Wherever You will go - The Calling
God Put A Smile - Coldplay
Calling All Angels - Train
Best I ever Had - Vetical Horizon
Somewhere only we know - Keane
Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
Heaven - Los Lonely Boys
Bright Lights - Matchbox Twenty
These Words - Natasha Bedingfield
24 - Jem